There are 2 classes of Certificate, one being the SROCP, (restricted to VHF only) and the other being the LROCP. (Unrestricted and includes MF/HF).
If the Certificate is for your personal use only, the SROCP is the one easier to pass with less questions to answer. If you are aiming to work on a Commercial Vessel, join a Rescue Group, or own a MF/HF set then you will require the LROCP.
The Radio Courses are held over 1 day, with the exam being held in the afternoon.
Course Costs and Requirements:
- Non-Members Course Fee of $60.00, however if you wish to become a member and save $$$$$, then CLICK HERE.
- VMRHB Active Members – no Course Fee
- Handbooks & Exam:
– $45.00 LROCP Marine Radio Operators Hand Book
– $16.50 SROCP Marine Radio Operators Hand Book
– $89.00 OMC Test for Certification
- Passport sized photo must be produced for inclusion on life time licence
*All prices stated above include GST and are in Australian Dollars.
Attendees will also need to produce a passport sized photo on the day to be included on their LROCP/SROCP Certificate and also produce photographic proof of identity, usually in the form of a Drivers Licence or Passport upon completion of the test papers.
You will be contacted by Volunteer Marine Rescue Hervey Bay personnel to advise you of the training dates. (Once full payment is received)